Welcome to Video #7 – Keyword Domain Names
Before we can create a website, we need to get a domain name that is related specifically to the keyword and geographic location.
You want to get a keyword-rich domain name, which includes your keyword. When you buy your domain name, you want to get the keyword + geographical location.
In this case, we would want something like, “Roofing Jacksonville Florida” or “Roofing Contractors Jacksonville Florida”
Make sure that you combine the keyword + the geographical location.
I recommend namecheap.com. They are one of the best in my opinion domain registrars that I’ve encountered. You can go with namecheap or godaddy.com but over the years, I’ve found namecheap.com to be one of the best.
Let’s take this and put it into action!
If you go to namecheap.com or whatever domain registrar that you want to use:
- Simply go do a search for the keyword. In this case, roofingjacksonvillefl
I know Jacksonville FL is huge. It’s a huge city. This is likely going to be taken. What I want to see is if the .net or .org has been taken.
If that has been taken, I’m going to do a few more tricks that I want to show you. As expected the .com, .net, .org have been taken.
- What I could try next is try putting dashes in between the keywords and do a search on that.
In my opinion, I think these have been taken. Looks like they’re free! Looks like they’re not taken.
- If that is taken though, I want to say roofingjacksonvillefl – you can also put something like x or q or HQ like headquarters kind of thing.
What Google will do is it will actually read everything from the left-hand side to the right-hand side as a keyword. So if it says, roofingjacksonvillefl, then you have something like X, it will read this right here.
Just want to make that note in case whatever you’re looking for is not available.
- Another thing to note is for the com, if you go to Google and you do a search for “namecheap coupon code” and whatever time it is. Let’s say now is “April 2013”, you can actually find promotional codes that namecheap coupons will give you.
For example, April 2013 Coupon Code. It says here that the standard code is “SPRINGY”. I can save usually about a dollar but I’ve been thinking about it, if you get 10 of these, that’s $10 savings!
In order for that coupon to work, you have to have a namecheap account. You have to go ahead and log in. Add this to your cart and while you’re logged in, enter the coupon.
Because the coupon will not work if you are not logged in.
That’s a very short video. I hope you got an idea of how you can go about getting the right domain for your website.
Before I end this video, I do want to say that you have to get web hosting as well. You need to have a domain name but you need to have web hosting as well.
You can get web hosting under namecheap. They have web hosting here. I used to recommend hostgator.com but I’ve seen changes over the years and they’re a little more stricter on their policy of cancellations so you have to worry about that.
But namecheap hosting is fairly good. Other sites you could go to is, you can go onto Google:
- Type in “web hosting forum talk special offers”
- If you go to these sites, com, you can actually find really good deals for web hosting offers. You can find fairly big web hosting companies that will give you a whole year’s worth of web hosting for $10.00!
If you want to save money, I recommend webhostingtalk.com. Do a search on their offers. Sometimes, I’ll even see it for $1.99 or $5.99 for the whole year.
Because people will compete like crazy at these web hosting companies.
- You need a domain name; and
- You need web hosting
- When you get the 2 (two), you need to connect the 2 (two); and then
- You need to set up WordPress
- To set up WordPress, if you have cPanel, it’s really easy to do that.
- But if you type in “WordPress Install”, you can actually download WordPress here. It will actually show you step by step how to do the installation.
- If you want to learn how to install it through cPanel, just go to Google. Type in “cPanel WordPress Install Youtube” There’s so many videos that show you how to do that. But
I want to make sure you understand how to go about doing the basics so that you can actually set up your WordPress theme and get it up and running, which I’m going to talk about in the next video.
The next video, there’s going to be a lot more to talk about. I want you to get your site up and running first and then we’ll talk about setting everything up to generate leads.
All right! With that said, let’s move on to the next video!